Project Status - Active
Start Year: 2008
End Year: 2013
Funding Body: Environmental Protection Agency
Geographic Area: EU
Local Study Area: Ireland
Project Co-Ordinator: Margaret Desmond
CMRC Contact: Jeremy Gault
Climate Change Research Specialist – Impacts and Adaptation, is an EPA funded postdoctoral research fellowship, which aims to develop, coordinate, manage and communicate research activities on future climate conditions, impacts and adaptation for Ireland, and to use this research to inform Irish policy options.
Specifically this includes:
1) Maintaining approach to address research gaps;
2) Contributing to the drafting and management of research calls;
3) Developing structures and systems to communicate and disseminate research findings;
4) Informing development of national level responses to climate change adaptation;
5) Participating at relevant EU and international research and policy fora as needed.